Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crunchtime

• Members

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Vai's greatest sig product evar !

This {censored} has to be legit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tone is described as a thunderous cloud of ice cream. I {censored} you not. Must buy 30 sets!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DiMarzio-Gravity-Storm-Steve-Vai-Signature-Pickup-108254012-i2638938.gc

• Members

ceramic neck, A5 bridge?

Odd.

Actually makes sense, if you take the generic definitions of the magnet types.. Ceramic= brighter with tighter bass, which can work in the neck really well and an a5 has a little looser and fatter tone than ceramic in the bridge.. Its actually the setup I have in one of my guitars, where I got a Duncan Custom 5 bridge, with a Dimarzio Super 2 in the neck.. Which despite its power rating and oversized ceramic magnet, it has a little bit of a high powered single coil sound.. I think it rules..

The specs on the gravity storm bridge looks like it would be dark, but it says it has a lot of bite, which is a good thing.. I think this is really trying to be the darker Paf vibe the Breed was first advertised as.. I used the Breed for awhile and its a cool pickup, but it did lack that PaF bite that I really dig in the lower output Paf style pickups. It had a weird frequency that accentuated in the upper mids, but I wouldn't call it bite. Its more of a tweaked Tone Zone to me

Archived