Boss GT-100 - any own one yet?

satannica

• Members

That's my worry - a lot sound like 90s Zoom pedals... just wondering if it's Boss' typical demo quality of being utter crap and these units actually being awesome, or if they are actually crap.

I dunno, but I just saw Chuck Norris on TV looking kinda like Eddie Guerrero. :lol:

That said, there were tons of clips of the GT-10 and I didn't really care for that and the GT-100 sorta sounds like a fancier version of more of the same. It might be better, but like Will Darnell says in John Carpenter's Christine: "Ya can't polish a turd."

• Members

I played the Mustang Floor. Was quite impressed by how good it sounded for the price... Only thing that stopped me from getting it was the FX loop could not be moved in the FX chain like on my GT8.

Keep the GT-8 then. The 10 or the newer 100 are no real improvement for COSM modeling imo.

• Members

It's the same COSM modeling on other COSM made gear. It's crap and not really any improvement.

Try the
Mustang Floor modeler
or Line 6 pod HD500 or used GSP1101 with Control 2 foot controller.

Reviews said it wasn't great for high gain or some {censored} like that. Then again, they were just reviews and not personal experience...

• Members

No GT-100 yet....not all that impressed with the predecessors.

On a side note....I was VERY excited to try the ME-70 and it's cosm. I liked the small footprint and so many features. Tried like hell to get a few decent amp tones from it...but it was just a mediocre fuzz pedal in a bigger box. It's gone.

Archived