consider me a noob. Downloaded audacity and....

Casey

• Members

This is x-posted from recording. No one's over there apparently.

I'm using podxt live as my soundcard. I can record a track and it sounds great, but now I'm trying to add another track and I just can not get the second track to record anything.

Went to help and got sidetracked on doing a latency test, and I have to record the generated click track essentially to calculate what I should set my latency at, well guess what, that won't record either. I know i must be missing something small, but I can't figure it out. Any thoughts?

P.S. It seems there's a lot of hate for audacity out there, but despite this, it seems to be the most recommended free audio recording software for a PC. I tried to go through the 'free' thread stickied in the recording forum, but it's a ton of things I know nothing about and I didn't wanna fish through all those pages to find what I'm looking for - could take forever. If you'd like to make a recommendation, I'm happy to give up on audacity and try it.

• Members

I don't know what this means. So probably not?

I haven't used audicity for years but in general most recording program have different tracks. You'll probably need to click something with a ®

With that said though, you'll probably want to look into something like Reaper (as previously mentioned). I used Reaper for a year or so now and never looked back to Audicity.

• Members

Audacity is a great program especially considering it's free. I guess if you compared it with ProTools or Logic it wouldn't fare well but neither would Gimp compared to Photoshop.

I've used it so I know you can arm and record on more than one track. I'd tell you how to do it but I can't remember and I don't have the program loaded right now.

If I get a chance I'll download it today and see if I can walk you through it.

Archived