BANG BANG BANG - wth?

lgc252

• Members

I have a CRATE (yes, I know!) Palamino V32 combo. Over the past 2 weeks I've noticed it noisier than normal. When I turn on the standby switch I am now getting really loud - & scarey - banging sounds. When I switched the standby off a second or twoi later ... more banging. I also noticed that nudging the cab a little would illicit the same noise.

I don't know what you think of these GC-centric amps (at least mine was built in St. Louis - USA) ... one thing for sure it is very loud and sounds great played loud - well, to 4! And at my last place I could receive the local am rock station.

The tags say GROOVE Tubes - can't tell you about the rest of the circuit or the parts manufacturer. Tubes for the Crate V32 Palomino Amp include (not sure about the rectifier):

(4) EL84 Power Tubes

(3) 12AX7 Preamp Tubes

Just want to know ... could a tube(s) be un-seated? Could I have a bad sockets? Bad (to small, cheap or too small) OTransformer? I also have added a small whisper fan to dissapate the heat - works great!

Pls let me have your thoughts. Also - just how long does your amp need to ne unplugged to make war posssible.

Larry C.

www.usstrings.com

Archived