Oddities w/my Pro Reverb amp

SSquirrel

• Members

Ok so I'm pondering selling my Pro Reverb, so I was double checking it's date info. From the transformers I've been able to confirm it's a '76 Silverface, but looking around there are some strange things. The rear layout matches the 68-76 setup, but the front panel is an odd mix of the old and new. The original front had a Volume, Treble and Bass on the left and no Master Volume on the far right. Mine has the Master, but not the Mid. So between that and it being 45W instead of 40 or 70, it seems like a weird hybrid. Any idea how many were made in this in-between stage?

• Members

Sounds like somebody totally screwed with a gorgeous amp and before you sell it you should take it to a tech to put it back to original specs, which are most likely Blackface pre 1973. If your tech is good and reasonable this shouldn't cost you too much and should increase your ability to sell it. You bought it not knowing that MV Pros have a mid control.

• Members

Actually all of the transformers have dates that correspond to being 1976, so I do believe it is a '76. I did find one site w/info about the Pro Reverb that mentioned 45W is one of the wattage options in that time period. It just seems like some strange in between model. I also bought this amp 14 or 15 years ago for only $150 when someone was moving away from college smile.gif

Archived