NYD!

colejustesen

• Members

There was a guy locally selling a Pacifica 512 with a hard shell case for $125... Needless to say I jumped on it.

It is an alder body that is thicker than my swamp ash Pacifica 912 [kind of weird] but it sounds great with my Marshall. The single coils appear to be stacked as there is no 60 cycle hum... It doesn't have the compound radius neck, locking tuners, 2 point bridge, or a graphite nut; but it is sure a player!

20121025_134154.jpg
20121025_134121.jpg
20121025_134211.jpg
20121025_134140.jpg

All I plan on doing is switching out the tuners to a locking variant, putting on some Schaller strap locks, and switching out the saddles for some stainless steel saddles! As of right now the pickups are staying!

Cole

• Members

Awesome deal. Awesome guitar! I almost hope yamaha's don't get resale value at the future, so as for these deals to continue to pop up. You search, you play many guitars and there always some stuff here and there that bug you, playability, quality whatever. These are almost not the case in any yamaha guitar I've played. And I like the pacifica's a lot.

• Members

I have officially fallen in love with these older Yamaha Pacificas. The necks on the two I own are so amazing and I am glad that I found these guitars. I am not sure how the newer Pacifica models compare, but these ones from 1990 are pretty sweet!

I also have an RGX620Z that is pretty good, but the neck profile isn't as comfortable as the Pacificas. The tone though is pretty good and the fretboard is very well done.

I highly recommend these guitars!

Cole

• Members

I picked up a Pacifica 112 for $80 last week. Great deal on yours!

After a needed thorough set up, its not a bad couch player. The neck is a little narrow for me but it will work. The volume knob placement is a bonus for me.

I put 9's on it but will use 10's on the next string change. The tension seems to be lower on this one than a normal strat.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by eyeball987 View Post
I picked up a Pacifica 112 for $80 last week. Great deal on yours!

After a needed thorough set up, its not a bad couch player. The neck is a little narrow for me but it will work. The volume knob placement is a bonus for me.

I put 9's on it but will use 10's on the next string change. The tension seems to be lower on this one than a normal strat.
That is the funny part about Pacifica guitars... The lower models are running close to the same price as the high end models...

As far as string tension goes, 10's on both of my Pacifica models feel perfect for me...

Cole

Archived