Splawn Quickrod 2012 B+ Video clipz !

stompboxfreak72

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy View Post
And what's a B+ option?
Lower plate voltage for more sag in the amp. It changes the feel of the amp so its spongier and a little more forgiving. Its the same concept EVH had with the variac to get his brown sound.

Splawn just started offering this option to the QR. i'd guess that maybe 5 of them have been made so far so its really, really new. It changes the amp to about 80 watts also.

The newer Splawns QRs have a little more gain and slightly tamed mids. I never gelled with my 2009 QR but the 2012s are awesome with or without the B+ option.

• Members

I think he tweaked the circuit and gave it more gain and tamed the mids sometime in 2011. Same thing was done to the Nitro. My 2008 Nitro is a great amp but does not have the gain of my 2012 Nitro. I tried to get Scott to upgrade my 2008. Well, I now own a 2012 Nitro also so you can guess how far I got with that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stompboxfreak72

View Post

I think he tweaked the circuit and gave it more gain and tamed the mids sometime in 2011. Same thing was done to the Nitro. My 2008 Nitro is a great amp but does not have the gain of my 2012 Nitro. I tried to get Scott to upgrade my 2008. Well, I now own a 2012 Nitro also so you can guess how far I got with that.

you could send it to Jerry. one of Matt's guys bought Nick from RT FJA modded supersport and it sounded very close to Matt's 2011 nitro but it actually pushed more bass.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by magh8

View Post

you could send it to Jerry. one of Matt's guys bought Nick from RT FJA modded supersport and it sounded very close to Matt's 2011 nitro but it actually pushed more bass.

That certainly is an option. Im actually thinking of selling my 2008 Nitro now. I just nrrd to retube it and list it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RiffDaemon View Post
I could live on Gear 1 all day long. Holy crap, that was marvelous cry.gif

How well does Gear 1 take an OD808 or similar tubescreamer?
Put a TS9 in front of it with the gain off andvolume dimed and it smokes ! Gears 2 and 3 are unnecessary if you have a Ts9. Inever get off gear 1.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stompboxfreak72 View Post
Put a TS9 in front of it with the gain off andvolume dimed and it smokes ! Gears 2 and 3 are unnecessary if you have a Ts9. Inever get off gear 1.
You just amplified my gas ten fold.

And seriously, when you broke into "Sweet Emotion," I creamed my pants. You dug in, and you could really hear the saggy, juicy, spongy goodness.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RiffDaemon View Post
You just amplified my gas ten fold.

And seriously, when you broke into "Sweet Emotion," I creamed my pants. You dug in, and you could really hear the saggy, juicy, spongy goodness.
Ill do another video with the Ts9 today. Seriously it is so sick. I just wanted to convey the unboosted amp ( hell I never hit OD2!) so that you could hear what the dry amp can do. With a Ts9 in front the QR can get brutal.

Archived