Some clips Pod HD500 and Peavey 6505+

satannica

• Members

OK here goes.

This is the first clip, I'll only leave this up a short while as it's Work in Progress. Amp is the Peavey 6505+ with the Marshall 2x12 CL80 loaded cabinet - though I'm thinking of trading it for a Mesa standard cab. I use an SM57 angled and a Sennheiser MD421 through a Focusrite Twintrak going into my MOTU 4Pre. I don't double/triple track, I don't feel the need and it just sounds messy. I let the bass guitar (Jackson Kelly bass into a Warwick TubePath recorded with the MD421) do the work of filling out the space. The drums are all SD2.0, except the snare which is the Joey Jordison snare (I belive that made it onto the recording). I recorded some hits and use those instead of the Superior Drummer hits as I prefer them. As you can probably tell, I ended up not being totally happy with the song's structure so you'll hear where I've cut and paste it messing around with the ending and I've not spent a great deal of time mixing it. I cut the vocals out as they're not finished and a little {censored} at present.

Second clip is something quick and dirty I just did with the HD500 recorded with the worst guitar cable known to man (all my stuff is in my recording space aka the shed!). I'm right near my PC monitor so you're going to hear a little bit of noise. Excuses excuses, I'll record something better another day if you need it.

First model is the JTM45 just as it came up. This was on the strat with EMGs SAs.
Second is the JTM45 with a tube driver pedal and a parametric EQ. This was using the strat with EMGs
Third is the Mesa Treadplate just as it came up, this time with the Jackson Stealth with EMGs.
Fourth is the same mode but with the parametric EQ and the Strat with SAs.
Admitedly, there's not much between the last two models.

The Zoom is in the practise shed at time being, so clips for that will be a while off.

I know someone specifically wanted the Pod but I'm still an amp micer. I prefer the results and feel it's worth the effort.

Archived