Doom 3 BFG edition or Dishonored?

Soundstorm

• Members

Dishonored looks cool, but I can't imagine Doom 3 bfg being as good as the original because the flashlight stays on. A big part of the scariness of it was how dark it all was.IDK

Get the orange box if you haven't played those yet.

edit: and whats up with reviewers saying that Doom 3 is basic in comparison to modern shooters? Modern shooters are linear hide behind cover and shoot the same guy over and over until you move to the next shooting gallery, highlighted by lame cutscenes, quick time events, and rail shooters oops I mean vehicle sections in a 4 hour campaign. {censored} modern shooters. Hell Doom 1 has more gameplay variety than any COD game (minus the vehicle sections) Every kind of enemy is completely different in Doom and the weapons and their uses are much more varied. Plus health regeneration kills most of the tension in modern games. Sorry to nerd out there.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Viesczy View Post
Isn't Doom BFG just the tweaks and the prior games? Who doesn't have those?

Dishonored looks/plays more like Thief with more action/killing.

Of course, both is a perfectly acceptable response... right? Totally_jammin_out.gif

Derek

Apparently it has a few levels that were cut out of the original release...

When Doom 3 was released it included NOTHING of what the leaked alpha/beta version had...Which was the best {censored}ing thing ever. I can't believe they cut that {censored} out of the final game. Hopefully they included it in this re release.

Archived