Okay, HCAF: now rate these BOOSTED noodly toanz for a brutha?

draelyc

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm

View Post

I like number 2.

Thanks, mang! thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H

View Post

meh, theyre ok...

I was kinda expecting teh bro0tz tho, so that might have something to do with it.

Dig. This thread is a follow-up to this thread, so if you missed that one, your expectations would likely be a bit off, given the breutuhl bent of the forum. smile.gif

• Members

Ok, I liked the mystery boost best. The riffing at the end of that clip is what sold me. I'd say the Fireball next and the Rising Sun last. They all sound similar to me, but the mystery boost seemed to have the most character.

All three clips seem bass heavy. Maybe knock that back a bit and things will get crunchier. Your guitar is pretty beefy sounding on it's own. So the amp may not need to help it too much. Of course that bottom end could be my stereo setup. Or that I love a bright signal.

Is this the NMV Marshall? What's the volume at? Just curious because I have been messing with my JCM on my days off. Trying to capture it as clean as I can get it to sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Ok, I liked the mystery boost best. The riffing at the end of that clip is what sold me. I'd say the Fireball next and the Rising Sun last. They all sound similar to me, but the mystery boost seemed to have the most character.

All three clips seem bass heavy. Maybe knock that back a bit and things will get crunchier. Your guitar is pretty beefy sounding on it's own. So the amp may not need to help it too much. Of course that bottom end could be my stereo setup. Or that I love a bright signal.

Is this the NMV Marshall? What's the volume at? Just curious because I have been messing with my JCM on my days off. Trying to capture it as clean as I can get it to sound.

Thanks, Paul! Much appreesh the listen & comments!

Surprisingly, this is my Koch Studiotone. I haven't had a chance to make a thread about it yet, but it looks like I'm going to have to sell the Marshall, as well as my Speed Twin (need monies for Baby Draelyc #2, due in December). So I made a couple clips to see how close I could get to the Marshall tone with the Studiotone.

The bassiness comes, I suspect, both from the amp's bass being dialed too high and from the mic placement. With the Koch, I've had to work to keep it from sounding harsh ~ so I may have just been overcompensating. icon_lol.gif

The Mystery Boost is actually the amp's OD2 channel, so I'm kinda glad you dug that one, especially since it looks like this'll be my only amp for a while. smile.gif

Thanks again, mang. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

I liked the mystery boost the best myself, but I really preferred your Marshall tones. Sell the Koch and the Speed Twin.

The Marshall has the best tones, hands down ... but with the new baby, I need something with a lot of flexibility ~ the Koch has silent recording capability, for example. It also takes up MUCH less space, and (this is what I was going to start a separate thread about) I just discovered yesterday that I can dial it in very close to the Marshall's tone, whereas the Speed Twin won't get close to that at all.

Besides, I can get more dough for the Marshall, y'know?

Thanks for checking out the clips & the feedback! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lenster

View Post

For me the Mystery boost sounded the thickest/ creamier tone, Just my opinion , that is what id go for in a boost.

So what is it ??

Thanks, man. #3 was the built in boost in the amp (the OD2) channel. I think that's why it's a bit thicker & has a bit more "character." I just labeled it "mystery" because a lot of folks around here don't dig this amp (Koch Studiotone) & they also know I recently picked up a Marshall ... so I didn't want people's ideas about various amp brands to color their perceptions. cool.gif

Archived