Recording help --- USB Pod question

-Assy-

• Members

My situation :

Can't make noise in my house, people sleep early and wake up early, my only time to play is at night.

I have a really expensive 7.1 headset for gaming that does audio really well, I am not a perfectionist, I just want to be able to play along to tracks.

How do I use my laptop as a monitor (play my guitar through the speakers, and thus, into my USB headset, WHILE playing along to my computer audio (guitar pro/spotify/etc) and have it sound somewhat decent?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by diocide View Post
You need some sort of audio program, like reaper. Load the backing track into repeat n one channel, then add your guitar in another channel, mix them accordingly and your good to go.
I have reaper. The issue is using my computer as a monitor, every time I've tried that before the audio is mega distorted, recording isn't even possible. I get it to SOUND good through the speakers, and when I record it it sounds like a mentally disabled hyena {censored}ing a record player that is spinning iron maiden backwards.

And no it isn't my playing making it sound like that redface.gifredface.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
no asshole

line 6 podxt live through USB
Lemme guess...the L6 ASIO driver won't play nice with internet playback simultanousely right? It's not multiclient?

Just get a small mixer for less than 100 bucks, and run the output of your computer, and the analog outs of the pod to the inputs, then send the output of the mixer to your speaker rig. The mixer will also have a headphone out on it. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Lemme guess...the L6 ASIO driver won't play nice with internet playback simultanousely right? It's not multiclient?

Just get a small mixer for less than 100 bucks, and run the output of your computer, and the analog outs of the pod to the inputs, then send the output of the mixer to your speaker rig. The mixer will also have a headphone out on it. thumb.gif
Email incoming to you budday!

• Members

makes sense, happy christmas to assy

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
listen here you cum guzzling gutter slut.

I've raped men for less vile spew than that {censored} that just came out of your mouth...keep that in mind.
i'm going to find where you live.

and i'm going to make a weekly bread delivery to your mailbox.

pro tip : that isn't bread

• Members
Ran that through the meathead ingrate translator, and it said "Thank you".

No problem! Happy to help. Eat a chicken farm, and pick up a car. love.gif
The problem is my headphones are USB cry.gif

and yes thanks brah, can't wait to play a guitar again

• Members
You really don't have any regular headphones/earbuds?

Are you a communist?
I broke them all at the gym (sweat damage) so I ended up dropping big bucks on some sweat-proof bluetooth earbuds cry.gif

Should be cheap enough to pick up a pair of skull candy or something though. or maybe I will check woot.

Archived