Anyone use Addictive Drums and Logic here?

wok

• Members

I am currently using this inside Logic and I use the piano roll editor to create drum patterns. I have three questions

1. Is it possible to use existing library loops/patterns in the piano editor? Or do you create a new event for each?
2. How do you create choked cymbals?
3. Not all cymbals in the kit appear to have been mapped in the piano roll editor. How to fix this?

• Members

Yes, I do.

1. You can use existing loops, but you may have to create a new map as not every MIDI event lines up between the default apple drums and Addictive.

2. Choked cymbals are the next half-step up from the last hit on a cymbal in the piano roll. I haven't run into one yet where the chokes don't work. Even if they don't, it's a simple enough matter to re-map and get the choke put in the map.

3. Create a custom map. I haven't worked on a custom map in long enough I can't remember how you get into it. I remember it being a HUGE pain in the ass to figure out how to get into it, but once into the editor it works really easily. If I get to my recording system tonight I'll look. It'd probably come back to me pretty quick.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto View Post
Yes, I do.

1. You can use existing loops, but you may have to create a new map as not every MIDI event lines up between the default apple drums and Addictive.

2. Choked cymbals are the next half-step up from the last hit on a cymbal in the piano roll. I haven't run into one yet where the chokes don't work. Even if they don't, it's a simple enough matter to re-map and get the choke put in the map.

3. Create a custom map. I haven't worked on a custom map in long enough I can't remember how you get into it. I remember it being a HUGE pain in the ass to figure out how to get into it, but once into the editor it works really easily. If I get to my recording system tonight I'll look. It'd probably come back to me pretty quick.
thanks thumb.gif

Archived