NPD (new flanger)

Mike LX-R

• Members

{censored}ing photobucket is trippin on me today, so I can't show it to you yet (Duncan'd)

thumb.gif

but I got me the Hartman Analog Flanger bitches smile.gif Gonna take the Deluxe Electric Mistress off the board and put this one down. IMO the pedal is {censored}ing ugly as sin icon_lol.gif but I'm looking forward to having classic Electric Mistress tone with some minor tweaks and improvements. If photobucket stops trippin' at some point I'll post it today (from work cop.gif) before I go home. Probably gonna record some clips tonight too... gotta prove it's not a BF-3.

• Members

Alright, so this thread didn't get looked at or discussed much at all. Nonetheless I'm happy to report that the Hartman Analog Flanger is the {censored}ing shiznit, specifically for what I like. It has 4 internal trimpots: bias, volume, clock, and feedback. I didn't {censored} with the bias but I boosted the volume and dialed back the clock and feedback a little bit. The resulting sound was so pleasing to me that I ran the pedal on for like an hour while running through several riffs and progressions at both stages of the GH's gain.

The biggest difference between this flanger and the Deluxe E.M. is the tone focus when engaged. The Deluxe has a slight volume drop with a slight bass and top end boost, so there is also some perceived upper mid loss and it actually cleans up the signal a bit (though it still gets harsh with distortion). It's a really great sound for specific things. The Hartman on the other hand has a flatter more natural response overall but does have a slight upper mid and high focus, and with there being no volume loss (I dialed in a slight boost) it can be perceived as having less headroom but it's actually a lot cleaner sounding. The Hartman is a {censored}-ton less noisy than any other flanger I've used and can be used in conjunction with gain better than any other flanger I've used. After tweaking the internal trims a bit I was able to zero in on a great transparent chorus-like flanger tone which is EXACTLY what I was going for. I'm a very happy dude. thumb.gif

Buy my Deluxe E.M. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

it's a great flanger because it doesn't sound like your typical flanger

& that's why I have one and love it too

you said you toyed with the volume trimpot? which one is that?

When you crack open the backplate its the trimpot all the way to the lower left end of the PCB (if my memory serves me well, I just messed with it once last night) but it's labeled anyway at least on my unit. I had a conversation with Theo Hartman just a few minutes ago and he was telling me more about the feedback and clock trimpots. He's a really cool guy (on the phone with his customers at least) and turns out he likes to set his unit in the same ballpark as me, which he said most customers don't like because it's less pronounced.

Archived