which set of speakers would be more likely to sell loaded vs. unloaded?

Mike LX-R

• Members

Alrighty guys, here's what I'm getting ready to do.

I'll be unloading quite a bit of gear over the next couple of months. Specifically I need opinions about what my chances are at selling a 2x12 cab and which our of three pairs of speakers I should load it with, and please consider all factors, as in which speakers are more likely to sell unloaded vs. loaded.

The cab is a geezersoundco 2x12 closed back, black on black on black. It's a small company, Geezer (dave) makes all the cabs himself. Probably get $100 for the cabinet itself.

The speakers are Weber ceramic 50watt Blue Dogs (16ohm), Weber ceramic 100 watt Axis 12 (16 ohm, Fane AXA clone), and Celestion G12T-100 (16ohm).

I'm thinking the cab with Blue Dogs is the way to post on CL etc. What do you think?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mamberg

View Post

That would be my first thought also - but the price would be the same for any of the speakers?

Maybe list it with the option for the seller to choose his speakers - would probably have the best chance of someone wanting it.

Yea, I'm probably going to sell all the speakers for the same price, $100 a pair. I thought of that too, listing it with the option of speakers.

Archived