I need some assistance from anyone in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana

-Assy-

• Members

Ackerman Winery makes a wine that one of my family members found when she was living in the area. Her birthday is coming up, I wanna grab her a few bottles, but they can't distribute to my state.

My states laws regarding alcohol importing :

"No more than one gallon of alcoholic beverages (or the metric equivalent) may be brought into Virginia from outside the Commonwealth, excepting shipments to the commission or its licensees, or new residents under special permits.

Anyone who transports more than such quantity of alcoholic beverages per adult in possession of the bonafide owner may be arrested, fined up to $2,500, and sentenced to a year in jail. In addition, the vehicle involved may be impounded and confiscated.

Alcoholic beverages includes wine, beer, or distilled spirits. This restriction applies not only to those alcoholic beverages brought into Virginia from other states or the District of Columbia, but also from defense installations."

So basically, less than a gallon pls cop.gif

PM me if you can help brahs, much appreciated.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thegamestop

View Post

My parents go to the Amana Colonies in the summer (where Ackerman winery is located). Millstream Brewing is there, they make a good beer. I would help out but I live about 3 hours away from there, sorry.

it is sold at all of the local wine stores apparently, going all the way to the winery isn't really necessary. thanks though love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thegamestop

View Post

My parents go to the Amana Colonies in the summer (where Ackerman winery is located). Millstream Brewing is there, they make a good beer. I would help out but I live about 3 hours away from there, sorry.

it is sold at all of the local wine stores apparently, going all the way to the winery isn't really necessary. thanks though love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
Iowa has export laws, they cannot ship to consumers to VA.
That's right, they aren't shipping to a consumer. They're shipping to a TTB licensed seller who then sells the product under license to a consumer.

Iowa might be a state ran liquor distributor (like Wyoming) for example but all that means is the alcohol has to run through the state first before it's distributed.

Makes no sense how a state would not distribute its alcohol made therein.

When I helped set-up a distillery it was done in a state with the same laws as Iowa.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
Iowa has export laws, they cannot ship to consumers to VA.
That's right, they aren't shipping to a consumer. They're shipping to a TTB licensed seller who then sells the product under license to a consumer.

Iowa might be a state ran liquor distributor (like Wyoming) for example but all that means is the alcohol has to run through the state first before it's distributed.

When I helped set-up a distillery it was done in a state with the same laws as Iowa.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn View Post

I will ask my liquor store, but I've already kind of tried this venture.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

I'm not sure how VA is, but if its like PA where liquor has to be sold in a special store just try to find a high end store. Boutique if you will. These stores are more willing to get it in.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

I'm not sure how VA is, but if its like PA where liquor has to be sold in a special store just try to find a high end store. Boutique if you will. These stores are more willing to get it in.

Archived