cleaning jacks, pots, and switches of an amp. denoobulize me please

Mike LX-R

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chip39

View Post

Noice. I was worried I sold you some crap.

It's all good man smile.gif. I was pretty sure it was a minor issue that just needed some TLC and some guys here agreed and pointed me in the direction of cleaning it. Probably it was packing material debris that found its way into the chassis. I did see a few flakes of styrofoam when I pulled it out to clean it so that's very likely what happened. I played it for a couple hours last night after hammering away at all the jacks, switches and controls and the issue didn't resurface.

I'm very happy with the amp V. (like extremely), and thank you for keeping the good communication going with me throughout the whole process. I just sent you an email letting you know that I just put that high grade tube back in the mail. You should get it shortly. Peace and blessings!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chip39

View Post

Noice. I was worried I sold you some crap.

It's all good man smile.gif. I was pretty sure it was a minor issue that just needed some TLC and some guys here agreed and pointed me in the direction of cleaning it. Probably it was packing material debris that found its way into the chassis. I did see a few flakes of styrofoam when I pulled it out to clean it so that's very likely what happened. I played it for a couple hours last night after hammering away at all the jacks, switches and controls and the issue didn't resurface.

I'm very happy with the amp V. (like extremely), and thank you for keeping the good communication going with me throughout the whole process. I just sent you an email letting you know that I just put that high grade tube back in the mail. You should get it shortly. Peace and blessings!

Archived