POD HD500 + What amp? Suggestions!

Snaplit

• Members

synesthesia67 wrote:

I recently got an orange rockerverb 50 mk2...it's an amazing amp with nothing but a cord and a guitar.., but the bonus was the experiment of hooking the pod hd 500 through it...(plug the output of pod into the fx return)..the pod sounds great with rhythm, etc, direct with headphones,..but for leads it lacks a little something for me...it has a sterile quality, a
nd the notes tend to die off too fast
..but,...through the orange, even at super low volume,..the tone just explodes!!..it's not as cool as the amp itself, cranked, mind you,..and it's not perfect..(it gets a standing wave type effect..where one note resonates louder than the rest...but eq can probably correct that)...but I like it...it makes leads feel more alive and sustaining...I feel confident I can get some great recorded lead tones at 2am without the cops getting called!!...it aint cheap by any means,..but I freakin love this amp...if you have the money, and like a sweet distorted tone,..and a unique and beautiful clean tone,..and everything in between..and want a pod hd500 amp for nite time noodling,..don't hesitate...I only wish I had this amp 20 yrs ago...

This is a huge problem I have been having with HD500. Even going into my old Fender Twin. Even just an amp and pedal sim.

A friend brought his JVM head over, plugged straight in...and I just couldn't believe how my guitars came alive. Exploding and sustaining into shivering feedback. I hate him for it, lol.

Archived