DAVID BRAY-AMP MODS... ANYBODY?

lumpy555

• Members

i try to keep an open mind on these guys that can MAKE YER AMP BETTER by using MY mods. i use to think if it aint broke ,dont TRY to fix a good thing. well,after hearing ALOT of MARSHALL MODS, to my ears, I REALLY like the BRAYS plexi-type mods he does on the marshall-800s!!! i just listened to aTON on utube only,and most guys were just GUITAR INTO the AMP. some used lp guitars others fenders. is this guy still around? ANY one have an amp or anyone like or dislike what he does? also how reliable are his mods-work? curious...

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Back around 2006 I bought a used Marshall 1987 off of eBay and sent it to David to have him do a mod.  I'm not quite sure what I was expecting as an end result but I do remember David being in constant contact with me through the whole process.

After everything was said and done I had spent over 700.00 and I remember recieving the amp from the delivery service.  LOL!  It tokk me well over a 1/2 hour to finally get all the packing free from the amp.  It was shipped and protected as good as it gets...

When I first lit her up I had somewhat of an idea as what to expect as David had sent me a sound clip to make sure I liked what he had done...  I said yes so he sent it.  So, back to when I first "lit"her up.  OMG is simply not good enough to use as an expression!  That amp was Magic!  Sheer Magic!  I had never played through anything like that amp before in my life and at that time I had played through many Marshalls and other amps, (30 years experience) but this amp, this amp was almost like a living entity!  So expressive, so....  Unbelevable! So Unbelevable that here it is almost ten years laster I have just sent David another 1987 to work his magic on.

Anyone seeking a boutique quality amp and a bargain price and basically have the best there is to have, you'd be a fool not to get on or have Dave modify your Marshall...

Archived