mixerss!

dj igo

• Members

I wanted to update my mixer and buy a new one that would be perfect for the mobile dj but also be good for scratching. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking into vestax,numark, or allen and heath....expecting to spend 300-500$...And i want a mixer that is capable of producing the cleanest sound..as i heard that a good mixer will give cleaner audio output as well as boost the sound...please respond anything is good to hear!

• Members

please respond anything is good to hear!

Spend a little more on decent gear and you'll minimise your losses down the road. If you decide later that DJing is not for you, you can sell decent gear at decent used prices. Take a look at eBay and you'll see what I mean.

If you decide to get a questionable brand and model, chances are that it will take a dump on you at the worst possible moment. Have you ever had gear fry in the middle of a super packed bumpin' gig? I don't know which is worse, the sudden silence or the non-stop jeers from the merciless crowd.

Don't get yourself into that scenario. Distinguish yourself with good skills and great gear. This is coming from someone who went through countless mixers (Numark, Gemini, Roland, Gem Sound, Stanton, Vestax, Pioneer, Rane, Soundcraft, etc) over the last 16 years.

V.

• Members

hehe...thanks for the very detailed response...currently i'm using denon s3500's...and i had the cheap numark mk2 mixer...and yes i was doin a house party and suddenly...the music just stopped. The mixer's lights weren't flickering anymore...so now i want to get a new better mixer...but i'll definetely look at Allen and Heath's 02 or 32...and numark's dxm09....and possibly the korg 202...what do you think of those?

Archived