Boss acoustic simulator pedal

surfcat

• Members

I got one back when I was first playing plugged-in gigs. I'd read that it could make an average guitar sound like a top-line one (I forget where I read that... some user-discussion board like this one, but with less-cool people).

Turns out that's not true. I've tried mine with four different pickups now and it just makes 'em sound weird. I can't really describe how... sort of "shimmery" almost. Very treblic. I could post an mp3 of the sound if you want.

OTOH, it is very much a weird yet cool sound - I use it for the occasional song - and it does do a good job of making an electric sound acoustical.

I switched over to a Boss eq pedal, which was good, and now I'm using a Para DI, which is great - I recommend one of those rather than an acoustic guitar processor.

• Members

i used to own that pedal. it did make my cheap piezo pickup i had back then sound better. but i was using it mostly for electric. you can get some good clean electric sounds with it but not that many to be quite honest.
i wouldn't spend my money on that for acoustic guitar. especially considering the price. you'd be better off getting a good 7-band eq or some sort of acoustic preamp.

Archived