How to pull a segment out of a waveFile

S~R~O

• Members

Depends on the software you're using. Most music programs will let you highlight a section of your wave file (click and drag) and put it in your clipboard (ctrl-c or apple-c, depending on your platform (sorry if this is too step-by-step; I don't mean to be condescending)). Then you can either make a new file and paste your segement in, and either save it as an mp3 or save it as a wave file and rip it to mp3.

Clear as mud, huh? Hope that helps.

• Members

I use Cool Edit Pro for this very job. As cstime said, you simply select the portion of the wav file you want in the editor, copy it and then paste into a new file. Cool Edit allows you to save in a number of formats, including mp3 so it's really easy.

Most modern CD burning software will have some kind of wave editor included. Failing that, I used to use Goldwave editor:

http://www.goldwave.com/release.html

The trial version did have some limitations but I think it was a 30-hour limit with full functionality or something like that. It will most likely have moved on since I last used it though.

If you need a wave to mp3 converter, again any modern CD burning software should be able to handle that for you. Otherwise go to tucows.com and do a search.

Hope this helps,
Cams

Archived