Need a recommendation please...

Gone Fishin

• Members

I need help...

I'm looking for a good, used left handed acoustic guitar. Price range is 600 to 800 bucks. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards a Guild F4CE.

Where I live, NONE of the guitar shops have left handed guitars that I can go play. A lot of my guitar purchases are based on reviews. Sometimes it works out good, other times not.

Any help would be appreciated tremendously.

• Members

Have you tried Ebay? There are always a few good name lefties up for bid. Maybe you can find a 15 or 16 series Martin, 03 series Larrivee, an F4CE or F25 Guild, a 09 or 10 series Tacoma, or a 300 series Taylor. Being a lefty I guess you're at the mercy of what you can find. All of these instruments are good choices, but their characters are very different. What type of styles do you play? Fingerpick or flatpick or both? Do you prefer a full, deep sound or a brighter tone? Jumbo, dread or 000 size? Why not take along a right handed guitar playing friend so you can at least hear how these instruments sound?

• Members

I fingerpick and flatpick, and just like millions of other Americans, I mostly stick to blues and rock. I prefer a full, deep sound, or somewhere in the middle. For some reason, guitars with a brighter tone sound "tinny" to me (atleast w/ electrics).

As far as size, I'm really not sure. I have somewhat smallish hands, and I read somewhere that the F4CE was a good fit for those of us with short digits.

You're right about taking a friend along to the store, but, eh heh, I don't really have any friends (atleast one's that play guitar). I have one, but he's sort of a hermit (spends all night in his basement, only comes out to buy cig's).

Hey, thanks for the help!

Archived