looking for screws

DMorris

• Members

I am changing all of the chrome hardware on my Taylor 110 to gold. I have everything except screws for the truss rod cover. I bought some from Stew Mac, and they were way too small, plus they are slot head instead of phillips. Does anyone know where I might find some online that will fit?

• Members

Your local hardware store should have just what you are looking for, and for less than the cost of shipping if you tried to buy them online.

I LOVE going to the hardware store, and rummaging through the little hardware drawers looking for that special screw or spring, or what have you to complete a project.

You might have to go with brass instead of gold. Polish the heads and put a little clear lacquer on them.

• Members

Hmm, gold might be a problem though at a hardware store-you might have to look for screws that come with something else that is gold-latches, doorknobs, etc to find gold. Look around and you might get lucky. If the head is the right size but the threads are too small you can always fill the hole in with wood filler and redrill into the filler. Try a guitar repair place first though-they might have what you need.

Archived