I think I'll be saving for a Tacoma then.

Fridge

• Members

Well, there are worse decisions to be made! With the DM10, you are going to get full tortoise shell binding, a really nice abalone rosette, rosewood peghead overlay and a gloss top. The gloss top sure is good looking and easy to wipe down! Both guitars sound great and you can't go wrong.

Hop on over to the Unofficial Tacoma Guitar Forum and look around. Unofficial Tacoma Guitar Forum
'Mo

• Members

Originally posted by bigmo66

Well, there are worse decisions to be made! With the DM10, you are going to get full tortoise shell binding, a really nice abalone rosette, rosewood peghead overlay and a gloss top. The gloss top sure is good looking and easy to wipe down! Both guitars sound great and you can't go wrong.

Hop on over to the Unofficial Tacoma Guitar Forum and look around.

'Mo

While I try to convince myself that fancy stuff on a guitar is not necessary, it is nice to have a guitar with some extra cosmetic upgrades. The dm10 isn't that much more and as long as it plays like the 9 I just might go with that. I'll check out that forum, thanks bigmo66.

• Members
Originally posted by EvilTwin

Great choices. I chose a DM-18 over a DM-10 a few years ago. They both sounded wonderful, though. I just liked the classy adornements on the DM-18.

Great instruments. I think Tacoma may make the best value all-solid wood guitars out there.

heh heh. Maybe the question is dm10 or dm18. :D I think they are really good values too.

• Members
Originally posted by Fridge

heh heh. Maybe the question is dm10 or dm18.
:D
I think they are really good values too.

See if you can get your hands on either of 'em. I got my DM-18 for a little under $700. Some places sell Martin 15-Series guitars for that much. Granted, you get a case with the Martin, but you get some fancier appointments with the Tacoma and I personally dig their sound more.

I may have to get one of the Tacoma Parlor guitars soon. Damn them for giving me GAS! :D

• Members
Originally posted by EvilTwin

See if you can get your hands on either of 'em. I got my DM-18 for a little under $700. Some places sell Martin 15-Series guitars for that much. Granted, you get a case with the Martin, but you get some fancier appointments with the Tacoma and I personally dig their sound more.

I may have to get one of the Tacoma Parlor guitars soon. Damn them for giving me GAS!
:D

What?! That's a steal! I can't find the dm9 listing for under 675. Everyone says they have it on sale because MSRP is 899.

• Members

What?! That's a steal! I can't find the dm9 listing for under 675. Everyone says they have it on sale because MSRP is 899.

I bet I could talk my dealer out of a DM-10 for $600 case and all!. Where do you live?

'Mo

• Members

Well I did buy mine a few years ago, before Tacoma became the name it is in the acoustic marketplace.

But still, I've seen 'em for fairly reasonable prices...actually very reasonable when you think about the competition.

My local dealer had a used DM-18 in that they couldn't unload. They only wanted $400 for it! If I didn't already have one, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I haven't been there in a few weeks, but it might still be there. It's the best price I've ever seen on such a quality acoustic guitar.

Archived