classical guitar leg rest question...

golfnerd

• Members

I play classically and am looking for a leg strap that attaches to the bottom of the guitar and rests on the leg as you play. Takes place of a footstool. I have looked pretty extensively and haven't had any luck finding one. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Members

Golfnerd, I would recommend you contact the people at Guitar Solo in San Francisco:

http://www.gspguitar.com

They stock most of the foot rests and guitar leg rests available for classical guitars. I've tried a couple different leg rests...I like them OK for practicing as they're more comfortable than a foot rest when playing for long periods. But they somehow don't seems as sturdy as a foot rest. When performing, I still perfer a foot rest.

• Members
Originally posted by Beagle1

Golfnerd, I would recommend you contact the people at Guitar Solo in San Francisco:

They stock most of the foot rests and guitar leg rests available for classical guitars. I've tried a couple different leg rests...I like them OK for practicing as they're more comfortable than a foot rest when playing for long periods. But they somehow don't seems as sturdy as a foot rest. When performing, I still perfer a foot rest.

which ones have you tried? My issue is that after about an hour of playing, my leg goes to sleep when I use a footstool. Doesn't do it without a footstool.

• Members
Originally posted by acoustiholic

Guitar Gallery has many choices also. By the way Golfnerd, did you recently win an Ebay auction for a Ramirez? Was it you that beat me by $10.???The winner had golf in his title- can't remember all of it ..thought it might be you.

nope, not me. I know how that would piss me off. I have a Lucida Concerto that I love.

• Members

Originally posted by golfnerd

I play classically and am looking for a leg strap that attaches to the bottom of the guitar and rests on the leg as you play. Takes place of a footstool. I have looked pretty extensively and haven't had any luck finding one. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks

GSP in San Fran is the only place I have ever found the A-frame.

If you ask the idiots at the local shop thay think your talking about a stand to set your guitar on rather than support it while you're playing. The a frame IMHO is the best because of it's range of adjustability.

Archived