What guitar would you recommend for...?

VanArnaoutov

• Members

Fast, Hard flamenko-type strumming ala Justin King, a guitar suited for this style, so it won't buzz or anything, but can still be well suited for soft finger picking, tapping, lead or strumming. Not just a guitar that won't fall apart though, it has to sound *NICE*, very nice. I have to try to limit myself at the 1k range.. but can go over if it's phenomenally worth it.

Thanks in advance,

-Van

• Members

What King's doing is another galaxy away from flamenco, but you can see what he's using at his site. You won't be able to afford any of the instruments he's playing, if staying under $3000, but there are still some great instruments in the under $1000, which I doubt would limit you. Paragon, who make custom orders, have right now on their site an incredible dreadnaught available direct that has been dramatically reduced due to a tiny finishing flaw. I actually was about to buy it myself, but since I don't play dreads my wife pulled the plug (she did however let me order a OM from them ;) ). Larrivee, Martin, and Tacoma also make some wonderful guitars in the under $1000 range.

Tony

Archived