Dave at Wendler Instruments

SurrealMcCoy

• Members

I'll be there dude as Media. Not sure if Dave will. Might email him from his site. I don't see him in the NAMM listings but they are not always complete. Some people also share booths and are not listed. Many people to be honest don't go to NAMM. Especially smaller builders. just to register you need a business license, records, reciepts and other silly paperwork. Red tape. Then on top of that they charge through the nose for space. Healdsburg and other smaller shows are usually where you find the smaller hand builders. I could be wrong though. :)

• Members
Originally posted by LittleBrother

I'll be there dude as Media. Not sure if Dave will. Might email him from his site. I don't see him in the NAMM listings but they are not always complete. Some people also share booths and are not listed. Many people to be honest don't go to NAMM. Especially smaller builders. just to register you need a business license, records, reciepts and other silly paperwork. Red tape. Then on top of that they charge through the nose for space. Healdsburg and other smaller shows are usually where you find the smaller hand builders. I could be wrong though.
:)

Hey LB, looks like I'll be at the show on Friday & Saturday. If you have any time, I'd like to say hello. Maybe we could hook up at Larrivee or Santa Cruz for a few minutes? :)

• Members

Sorry guys, won't make it....all of my sales are direct internet or "retail"....that saves anyone interested in my instruments a whole bunch of money....of course, it precludes my being in a dealer's showroom....

So, NAMM shows don't do me much good, at least at this point in the business. I'd personally rather stand behind my work and offer the client a "better deal"....than go the dealership route.

Maybe someday, if the instruments really take off, I'll go that route and let the middleman get his due too....

But until then, I'll guarantee the playability and durability of the guitars. The sound is either something you like or you don't and I can demo that through the CD's or off of the website....you know it can only sound better in the flesh....

Have a good time amongst all the goodies....and thanks for thinking of me.

• Members
Originally posted by dave251

Sorry guys, won't make it....all of my sales are direct internet or "retail"....that saves anyone interested in my instruments a whole bunch of money....of course, it precludes my being in a dealer's showroom....

So, NAMM shows don't do me much good, at least at this point in the business. I'd personally rather stand behind my work and offer the client a "better deal"....than go the dealership route.

Maybe someday, if the instruments really take off, I'll go that route and let the middleman get his due too....

But until then, I'll guarantee the playability and durability of the guitars. The sound is either something you like or you don't and I can demo that through the CD's or off of the website....you know it can only sound better in the flesh....

Have a good time amongst all the goodies....and thanks for thinking of me.

Hey Dave, sorry we won't see you there......in many ways, I'm sure that's better for you anyway as NAMM can be a "circus". It can be very difficult to demo a quality product as the noise and people level gets ridiculous.:(

• Members

Hi SurrealMcCoy ,

Keep and eye out for Mike Crixell and I because we will be filming and covering stories for many builders including CA Guitars, SCGC, Crafters of Tennesee and others. We also may be hanging out at the Ultrasound booth. Lots people know us and we will also be visiting a special small Luthiers gathering in one of the other locations in town. Should be a blast and alot of hard work for us that week. Hope to meet you. If you see us say hello !!!!

Doug :)

• Members

I'm with you Dave! I'm not at that point either, where it's justifiable financialy, but I still feel like I'm going to miss out on all the fun!

Wish I could come down and hang out with you too, LB...I might just have to sneak into the next one;)

I was there in '96 with Larrivee and had the BEST time!

Rob
www.paragonguitars.com

• Members
Originally posted by LittleBrother

Hi SurrealMcCoy ,

Keep and eye out for
Mike Crixell and I
because we will be filming and covering stories for many builders including CA Guitars, SCGC, Crafters of Tennesee and others. We also may be hanging out at the Ultrasound booth. Lots people know us and we will also be visiting a special small Luthiers gathering in one of the other locations in town. Should be a blast and alot of hard work for us that week. Hope to meet you. If you see us say hello !!!!

Doug
:)

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Archived