3ooo miles on a papoose

Chirpy_72

• Members

So I'm spending 10 days on the east coast, visiting my family. The thought of that much time away from my guitars got me scared, so I went and bought a Tacoma Papoose the other week. It's got a STURDY harshell case.

I checked my suitcases with the airlines and took my Papoose as my one piece of allowable carry-on luggage. It fit perfectly into the overhead compartment of the relatively tiney "Super 8" jet. All I did was detune a bit ...

While on a layover in Chicago, a cute young lady asked me to play for her while we waited for our flights to depart. Played a few songs for her ( I don't know why, but girls seem to love Eagles songs, Desperado in particular ). A really neat yet sad moment in time, seeing that I'll most likely never run into her again. ... oh well, such is life.

Flew into BWI .... drove up to PA ... Sang songs for friends and family, just me and my Papoose. Everyone seemed pleased ( although Mom would've been happier had I borught along a wife instead of a travel guitar ... maybe next year )

I love the freedom that this little guitar gives me. It has a fantastic sound ... although being tuned to "A" I've had to adjust my singing key ....

Archived