I'm finally gonna get an acoustic (well, a decent one)...help!

The Merlyn

• Members

Hey guys,

My only knowledge only really covers electric guitars and amps, I know very little about acoustic guitars. I have had a fairly cheap Tanglewood TFCS electro-acoustic since not long after I started playing. Now I want to get a nice one.

My current guitar is too dull and thin sounding to my ears. I want something with a lot of warmth and chunkyness. The main reason mine lacks bass though is because it is thin bodied. It is an electro-acoustic and it cost about

• Members

Don't know whereabouts you live in London, ofcourse you have all the shops at Denmark street, but they're overcrowded with people and guitars. However I was at "the house of guitars"on brune street near Liverpool street station about a month ago or so and they had some fine lakewood guitars, which I believe weren't too expensive considering they all solid wood handcrafted guitars (I believe they were around the 500 sterling pricetag).

• Members

Originally posted by The Merlyn

PS: Although I do both, I'm probly looking for a strumming suited acoustic over a fingerpicker. Something that does both well would be most preferable!

I'd look into that Lakewood maybe but in an OM Orchestra Model with a 1-3/4" nut width. That would be great for almost any person, any style. Slightly smaller body that a huge dread but larger than a 00. Just one of the best guitar designs ever. I am sure Lakewood makes a good OM. Or many other brands. Solid wood, lifetime warranty and the sound I like. Thats a good start. Also take your time and you will do better.

Archived