Fitting a Pure Western pickup system in a Larrivee D-03

gordholio

• Members

Hi guys:

On the basis of my lurking and reading here and several auditions, I just purchased a Larrivee D-03. Love it. Now if only I could learn to play properly. :-)

Anyway, I'll generally be miking the guitar for recording, but I did need/want an electronic pickup system as well. I went with a K&K Trinity System, which includes the Pure Western transducers, an itsy-bitsy microphone, and an outboard preamp/mixer.

I have a question. The seller (Dieter at K&K Sound) suggested that I may want to go for the MINI transducers rather than the REGULAR size transducers. He says Larrivees generally require the smaller pickups simply because there may not be enough room for the regular ones (on the bridgeplate between the pinholes and the soundhole side edge). I've accessed the installation primer at the K&K site where I was able to cutout a 1:1 diagram of the tranducers to see if they'd fit. Unfortunately, I'm too uncooridinated to understand fully if the diagram fits or doesn't fit.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has installed this system in a current model Larrivee D-03, and if they needed to go with the mini pickups? I hear the regular ones may be a wee bit better. Any and all assistance is totally appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Gorholio or anyone else,

Did you ever get this one figured out? I'm thinking about going with this setup for my Larrivee L-05, and need an answer.

Also, does anyone have any experience with using the Trinity system with and without the belt-clip preamp provided by K&K?

-Thx

cf

Archived