Back to Unplugged

hockey_musician

• Members

man...i just got off a "lack-of-acoustic" bender....

i got a new electric guitar for christmas, and ive been playing on it for days now. Poor old acoustic just sat there and wached.....

i finally decided to play my first guitar again....

am i glad i did.....

acoustic will always be my passion....

electric is cool, but i will never be changed.....

ROCK ON ACOUSTICOLICS!!

fret_crawler

• Members
Originally posted by hockey_musician

i got a new electric guitar for christmas, and ive been playing on it for days now. Poor old acoustic just sat there and wached.....

i finally decided to play my first guitar again....

am i glad i did.....

acoustic will always be my passion....

electric is cool, but i will never be changed.....

ROCK ON ACOUSTICOLICS!!

I can surely relate to that Hockeydude! I went through the same thing, Except it took me around 20 years to get back to my first Love, The acoustic guitar.:)

I wish I would have stayed with it. I have little use for all the electric lead chops I worked out for those many years. :(
(Electric Lead guitar just isn't fun without the rest of the band).
I do try to use a few licks scattered through my fingerstyle playing now.

My advise - Keep playing your acoustic along with your electric.
When your older and tired of the whole "Band Thing" ; The acoustic is still very gratifying all by herself.

I can only imagine where my playing would be now, if only I would have stayed with the acoustic.

• Members

In the last 3 years I have purchased a {censored}load of books for eletric guitar, slide guitar, acoustic guitar etc. Then I realised that all those fancy licks and stuff for the electric guitar are all fine and dandy when playing with a band, but they don't get help me much when playing folsom prison blues on my own. I found that travis picking is the way to go for me, that way I can play rhythm and melody and sing at the same time and be my very own one man band (or at least try to). Besides that after picking on a steelstring for 3 years or so I'm now back to were I started: pickin nylon string guitar. Suits me so much better and has this lovely warm tone. My electric guitar books are gathering dust for the moment and probably for many years to come.

Archived