Somewhat OT: Proof that I live out in the "Styx"

bbarkow

• Members

The local paper was asking people for their predictions for 2004. One 30-ish woman predicted (duh) innovations in music, but that she doubted that anyone "could match the artistry of Styx".

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

On-topic content: Have a gig coming up Feb 6 that could turn into a regular monthly job. Wish me luck.

Brent

• Members

Where in Nebraska are ya from, exactly?

Yes, I enjoy the Simpson's episode where they did Homer's "Odyssey" and when Homer has to go through "The River Styx," all the skeletons of the deceased are rocking out to some, well, Styx, and Homer covers his ears and yells "This really is hell!" :D

I like that part

Dustin

• Members

I'm out at Ogallala.

Hey....sounds like you guys down at Stillwater might be getting a terrific defensive coordinator. New coach at Nebraska (Bill Callahan - recently fired from the Raiders) let Bo Pellini go. He's a good friend of Bob Stoops. I don't know whether he plays guitar.

Brent

Got confused for a second. You're pretty close to Norman, anyway. :)

• Members
Originally posted by bbarkow

I'm out at Ogallala.

Hey....sounds like you guys down at Stillwater might be getting a terrific defensive coordinator. New coach at Nebraska (Bill Callahan - recently fired from the Raiders) let Bo Pellini go. He's a good friend of Bob Stoops. I don't know whether he plays guitar.

Brent

Got confused for a second. You're pretty close to Norman, anyway.
:)

That's almost fightin' words.... ;)

I used to go custom cutting at Oshkosh, and have been to Ogallalah a couple of times. Went to a music store there once, but we just bought a cassette player for the pickup - that was before I played guitar (long before). I've always wondered - is that a decent music store? Or do you have no clue about what I'm talking about?

Have a good day!

Dustin

• Members

I know the store very well. Lou (owner) is a good friend of mine. In fact I played a few hours for the store Christmas party.

He doesn't usually carry anything better than intermediate-level acoustic guitars. There's just not much of a market for pro-level gear around here. He does carry a few of the higher-end Yamaha Clavinovas (drool).

Brent

BTW, one of my favorites was Homer at Spring Break. He jumped on the stage and sang "We Built This City on Rock and Roll". What a turd of a song.

Archived