Neutral Milk Hotel?

red40

• Members

Well, this a is a long shot, but does anyone know what type of acoustic guitar was used for Neutral Milk Hotel's album "The Aeroplane over the Sea"? I am in the market for an acoustic and that is one of my favorite recording guitar sound, along with Nirvana's Unplugged. I wanted to find something similar to whatever guitar was used.

• Members

I got hooked by the first chords of "King of Carrot Flowers, Pt 1". I was lucky enough to see them & The Olivia Tremor control when I was in London one summer. It was a great show. Too bad I wasn't more into gear back then, I could have figured out what guitar he played. All I remember was that both guitarists were playing acoustics into what looked like Twin Reverbs.

• Members

You know, I think a few members came from LA, and I thought I read something about CA too, but when the guy from OTC and Apples in Stereo it was based in Athens. Not sure if they lived there or if they just located there b/c of the great music scene.

Its a shame that of all those bands only the Apples are left. They are great too, just wish the rest of the bands hadn't fallen apart.

• Members

The only bands from the label I could get into were NMH, OTC and the Apples, everthing else just seemed like guys screwing around with 4 tracks (Music Tapes, etc). Then again, I have a bunch of indie rock fans who seems to love that kind of screwing around, I guess I am the weird one :)

Archived