Ready to save up for my Larrivee D-03 now...

Fstpicker

• Members

Yippee! In the past 3 weeks with God's help, I've been blessed to have been able to sell my 12-string Takamine, my Lonestar mandolin, my Lehua Concert ukulele, and my Carlo-Robelli solid wood "D-18 clone" guitar. After probably needing most of it to pay bills (my wife just returned to work after surgery recently and loss of income for several months), I hope to have at least a little bit left over to set aside towards my "Larrivee D-03 Blackwood fund". I hope to buy one either from Jason, Uncle Rob, or E.M. Shorts when I get all of it saved up. Used or new is fine with me as long as it is in excellent condition.

Just had to let someone know how happy and grateful I am!

Thanks for the support and interest you all have shown and the help you've been on this quest.

Take care,

Jeff

• Members

Blackwood is in the Koa family I understand. Larrivee Blackwood models are actually Australian Blackwood. It has similar tonal characteristics of Koa and looks very distinctive although probably not necessarily quite as nice looking perhaps as Koa wood. Their tone is a cross between mahogany and rosewood, getting the best of both worlds it sounds like.

Thanks guys for your interest and encouragement! It really helps alot!

Here's info on Australian Blackwood:

Australian Blackwood

Archived