Norman and Me

confuseitall

• Members

Yesterday I got paid, woohoo!, so I finally set out on a mission to replace my cheapo Cort with a new guitar. I had exactly $460 I could spend with possibly a little room for something going up to $500.

I went down to this very cool music shop in Renton, WA specifically to play some Breedlove Atlas Series.

The only Atlas they had was a concert, acm200?, and I must say with the hype I've heard, I was disapointed. I quickl;y put down the Atlas and grabbed the Simon and Patrick Dred sitting next to it. Pretty neat, plays well, sounds like 400 bucks but not my gig.

I cruised the store picking up everything in my price range (and some a little more ;) ), working my way towards the Seagull I expected I would leave with.

Art and Lutherie sound pretty nice for not a lot of money. SImon and Patrick had this cool looking red-burst Dred that played not much better than my Cort. Seagulls performed as expected and I began the process of deciding if I wanted Spruce top, glossier finish, Quantum EQ or if I just wanted a plain ol' S6+.

Hanging discreetly between an S6 Folk and M6 was a beautiful shiny guitar that had been catching my eye for the last hour. Solid spruce top, High Gloss finish, cool maple leaf designs and a name I hadn't seen on the headstock: Norman.

I picked up Mr. Norman and strummed, picked, plucked, tapped and caressed him (this guitar's a man) while the salesman got so exicited about Santa Cruz guitars I thought he was going to eat my friend.

Finally he took a breath and I asked how much for the Norman (tag said $477). He told me $350, I told him it was sold.

Awesome guitar for very little money. Plays like a Seagull, sounds like a......Norman? Excellent purchase.

• Members

congrat's man , did you know that Seagull , A&L , Norman , S&P are all from the same company ? Like GM sort of , different but the same . Norman is the oldest brand of the line , I remember them back in the 70's , not sure when they started though. That whole lineup kicks butt in various price ranges as many on here will attest to . kind of cool as they are made a few hours from me .

by the way , what model did you get ?

cheers

• Members

dog (not happy),

I picked up a B20(6) HG. I didn't know that all those guitars were made by Godin until last night at the shop. My dad has an S6+ and I like it but I need a little more sparkle. The thing I love is that the neck is the same! I love the feel of the S6 neck. Man, I'm stoked. Here's what it looks like:

(those are maple leaves around the soundhole)

• Members

Cool man , was strumming a B20 today in the store , but never even noticed that those were maple leafs on the rosette ?? My bro-in-law had a B20 also , older model and it is still rock solid . Now get yourself some candian beer :D

• Members

lebatts?

Yep that's a big brewery (labatts) domestic label .Funny though ,you always want what you don't normally get , imported is a big deal . I like Bud ! When it came available here I switched . Hey wait a second..... this is guitar forum not beer forum. But try a labatts Blue with that Norman , make it feel at home .:)

Archived