Speaking of giutars made in China.....

PapaTom

• Members

The current Blueridge post reminded me that I tried out a Chinese made guitar last week. It's called a Walden. I think that it's designed for the $200-$400 market to compete with Takamine, Seagull, Washburn, etc.. The one I played was part of the Natura series and was priced at $299. Not a bad guitar. Solid spruce top with laminated mohagony B/S. Very nice tone and volume, but NOT as good as a Seagull IMO. The biggest problem I had with it is the very narrow neck ( 1 11/18! - I really can't recall a guitar neck this narrow). All in all a pretty good inexpensive guitar that, like Blueridge, should be able to compete with guitars at its price point.

• Members

Another type of example is one guitar my friend scooped after NAMM. It came from NAMM. A 1500.00 copy of a 20,000 Olsen guitar with a carved back. Same guitar would easily cost 8K to copy in the USA. Because of labor this one could be had for that price. Killer guitar. So if they get their head screwed on right they can really make a good guitar. :D

• Members

My Chinese made Fernandes electric is without a doubt the best playing guitar I have ever played. The pups are hot, and the finish is flawless, and the hardware ain't bad, either. $215.00 new. I have played a few Johnson guitars that are way better than they should be, for that price.

Archived