There's a new song up on my website!

Barry Jive

• Members

Some of you may remember my thread about going into a nice project studio to record. The (rough version) of the fruits of my labor are now up.

www.ericand.com , then click on "downloads"

Interesting side note: After several different approaches of micing this we tried just 1 mic 100 percent live. It turned out really well I think.

Enjoy!

• Members

Originally posted by guitardave

Great tune. Sorry you didn't get the girl. Keep trying and writing about it!

Thanks!

That's the beauty of global communications. Have a bad experience on Tuesday. Write a song about it on Thursday. Record it on Saturday and some guy from Michigan named Dave is listening to it on Sunday.

Life is too cool :cool:

• Members

That was pretty powerful. At first I was thinking: "What is this? I can't hear the guitar, the vocals are too loud, but they also sound like he's trying to hold back cause he knows he's too loud!"

But about halfway through I started liking it. I think it work well for a demo/LP at least. Those guys at Atlantic might not like it though...they'll have you re-record it and put in a symphony and bring in Amy Lee to sing back up vocals.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by AdamOn6thStreet

That was pretty powerful. At first I was thinking: "What is this? I can't hear the guitar, the vocals are too loud, but they also sound like he's trying to hold back cause he knows he's too loud!"

But about halfway through I started liking it. I think it work well for a demo/LP at least. Those guys at Atlantic might not like it though...they'll have you re-record it and put in a symphony and bring in Amy Lee to sing back up vocals.

;)

My college entrance essay was titled "Why I Never Want a Recording Contract with Sony Entertainment" if that gives you any idea of where I stand in that regard :).

I actually have a very loud voice(almost Elvis Costello levels). This is the quietest I think I've ever sang. Thanks for the feedback adam!

• Members

Honestly, I just got done listening to a bunch of songs on your site. Dude, when you release an album I'll buy it on Day 1. You have an excellent way with lyrics and imagery...I can't compliment you enough. Keep it up!

By the way, "Light, it Dances" is a broken link but I eventually found it--GREAT song!

Archived