Small sized acoustic suitable for recording

mandobass

• Members

howdy...this will be my first post in this forum.

i am in the market for a smaller sized acoustic that would be suitable for recording purposes. i have a small project studio with an e-mu 1820m as the backbone. my mics are:

2 sm57

4 oktava mc012

1 shure ksm27

1 audio technica 3035

i will be recording a wide variety of styles.

i want a smaller sized guitar like the baby taylor, but i have recently heard that ibanez and martin make similar guitars.

what is the general consensus about these smaller sized guitars? im open to any and all suggestions. i have about $300 or so to spend, but that's flexible. full sized guitars are not out of the question, but i figured smaller = cheaper, and potentially more bang for the buck.

i would really appreciate any insight into this matter. thanks in advance,

• Members

I personally prefer the Martin LXM to the Baby Taylor, but I would exactly call either one great sounding or versatile.

I saw a used Larrivee OM-01 recently for $499. That would be much more guitar, though for about twice the price of an LXM. The L-01s are around $550 new. Or there's the Breedlove Atlas series, which you can get starting in the 300s.

• Members

i just bought a mint condition tacoma roadking (RM6C is the model i think) for 300 shipped. i heard some clips and it sounded nice and open. anyone have any experience with this particular kind of guitar? it has an odd sound hole design. i hope it works out

Archived