guitar duet as a birthday present...

emir

• Members

Hi gang,

I was just invited to a girl's birthday party next week...she is a very sweet, DTE lady that I am in no way trying to impress her (even sexually!) SHe simply has gone thru enough nasty things in her innocent life.

Now...I would like to play a instrumental duet as a gift her and the rest of the party. I have the proficiency to play a variety of Doyle Dykes and Bill Mize pieces by heart ( I'm honestly not too bad at all). But here's the problerm. The best player I know is pretty okay, but I dont think he would be able to play the number by the aforementioned artists. In a nutshell, on a scale of one to ten, I would probably be a 7 while my buddy would be a relative 4th.

Can anybody plrase recommend any song for this public service (I always impress people when I start playing Jazz in the Box, etc hehe)? A great time to show Christchurch its undiscovered, slightly unpolished star in the making. muahahahaha!

Emir

• Members

Gerry,

Lama tak dengar! I have a couple of reasons for doing so. Firstly, I would think that a solo performance might be construed as trying to impress. My knees buckle when thrown into the spotlight anyways!

I'm thinking of reciting "another you" by cromok(sp?). have you heard of it? quite beautiful actually, for a HM band.

still enjoying the Cathedral, eh?

Emir

• Members

Yeah, it's been awhile! Sounds like you're doing well! I was thinking about your dilemma. Why don't you get your friend to do some backup then. Maybe do some fingerstyle jazz standards or something. What about Tommy Emmanuel's Blue Moon?

The Cathedral's going well. Actually, I'm going to go and play it now :) Good luck with your quest!

Kind Regards,
Gerry

Archived