do you guys think larrivee will ever bring back the -01 series?

EvilTwin

• Members

I know they were mostly limited runs, but they also sold like hotcakes.

On the Larrivee web site, it says that the gloss models (basically -05 on up) are made in America, while the satin-finished guitars (-03 models are pretty much it) are made in Canada.

I'm sure it's only wishful thinking...but it would be more than great if the Canada plant could make another satin series.

• Members

Different vendors who may have long term relationships with Larrivee sometimes puts in requests for 01, 02, 04 series. So no, the 01, 02 and 04 are still produced in very small batches and only seldomly.

• Members

Originally posted by EvilTwin

The -01's were just
completely
stripped down, not even body binding. You basically just got a guitar with the bare minimum cosmetic embellishments.

Well the 03 is pretty much stripped down. The only thing I can think of that could be removed to save cost is using plastic body binding instead of wood. That and using laminate woods.

What else could you strip down?

• Members

I just sold my OM-01 on the Larrivee forum to make way for another member of the family. Still have my L-01 though. Matthew Larrivee has said that they can't make any money selling the 01s so I doubt they'll make any more. There are pix, videos, and mp3s of mine on my website if you're interested.

• Members

Originally posted by kaboom

I had heard that the 01 series were originally for the Japan market, but that the distrobution deal fell through, so the were sold in the US instead.

Did anyone else hear that?

I just bought a Larrivee OMV-09, but the shop had a lot of 01's in stock. The manager there said the same thing... made for the Japan market, but he managed to get some. They sounded really good. He said for the price he would get all he could.

Archived