Tacoma DM-18

SongMan

• Members

I'll just say that if I were to find a DM-18 in good condition for that price, I wouldn't even stop to think about it. I would definitely jump on that deal. I bought a used DM-9 in good condition for $400 about 2 years ago, and even though I know how subjective all this is, I have yet to play any acoustic guitar that sounds nearly as good. That's just me, though.

Whether you like the guitar or not, I'd still say it's a deal with no risk, because you can definitely resell it and get your money back. Unless, of course, those "cosmetic dings" are more serious than they sound. Look at it carefully, but if all is well, GO FOR IT!

Yes, I'm a Tacoma fan. Big time. :)

• Members

The FAQ on Tacoma's web page says that's an all-solid wood guitar, spruce on mahogany.

Add a gloss finish, nice binding, good rosette and cool fingerboard inlays, and that's one hell of a guitar.

I've got one, and I love it. I bought it for myself as an 18th birthday present about 4 years ago, and I have yet to play another dreadnought that has matched it.

For $325, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. For that price, I do not think you'll find a better deal in acoustic guitars for an all-solid wood instrument.

I highly recommend this guitar, and really the whole Tacoma line. That's a great deal you've come across.

• Members

THe guitar just got sold to someone else. He offered to sell it for $345 delivered. I told him that I will get back to him in few hours after thinking about it over lunch. when I got back, the guitar was sold. err... It's ok, I got Larrivee OM-01 coming next week.

• Members
Originally posted by SongMan

THe guitar just got sold to someone else. He offered to sell it for $345 delivered. I told him that I will get back to him in few hours after thinking about it over lunch. when I got back, the guitar was sold. err... It's ok, I got Larrivee OM-01 coming next week.

No tears shed for you.;)

• Members

Originally posted by Brokenwing

No tears shed for you.
;)

yeah, Considering I only paid $325 for the OM-01. I'm sure most of you already saw or heard it. Orsino(Tom) hooked me up. The guitar was buffed out, pickup installed, pick guard installed. Will be here on Monday.

THnk you! Tom

Archived