david crosby....acoustic master

apostrophe

• Members

im surpised i dont hear more about the croz on here. i think hes an amazing musician and acoustically hes in the top of my list. his work with alternate tunings are always mind blowing. and his rythym work is always second to none. in jefferson airplanes cover of "triad" thats him playing acoustic and its perfect. he also plays rythym on a few others and hes all over the "blows against the empire" album. and then theres his solo "if i could only remember my name". thats one of the most beautiful acoustic albums ive ever heard. it stops time everytime i hear it. i just think hes great.....and "almost cut my hair" always makes MY hair stand on end. thanks croz!

• Members
Originally posted by apostrophe

im surpised i dont hear more about the croz on here. i think hes an amazing musician and acoustically hes in the top of my list. his work with alternate tunings are always mind blowing. and his rythym work is always second to none. in jefferson airplanes cover of "triad" thats him playing acoustic and its perfect. he also plays rythym on a few others and hes all over the "blows against the empire" album. and then theres his solo "if i could only remember my name". thats one of the most beautiful acoustic albums ive ever heard. it stops time everytime i hear it. i just think hes great.....and "almost cut my hair" always makes MY hair stand on end. thanks croz!

I own one of his old guitars.

• Members

Couldn't agree more. I love the Croz, well kinda. I wish they wouldn't charge some much for tickets, but that's another thread :D .

I love the nuances of his playing in Guinevere. Him & Hedges are probably my two biggest acoustic delights.

• Members
Originally posted by catdaddy

I'm big fan of him myself. Really love "If I could Only Remember My name" and lots of his early Byrd's stuff. His voice ain't bad either! Mr Bluesfrog I'm curious and envious. What kinda guitar would it be?
:cool:

Martin D-35... there's a long story involved with it... I can't remember it. It had to do with boats and McRib sandwiches or something. Weird.

Archived