I played a couple of Blueridge acoustics today

UGB

• Members

never played them before. I'll admit, I find all the abalone a bit on the tacky side, but that said, I played this one first:

BR-143

BR-143.jpg

Product: BLUERIDGE HISTORIC SERIES "000" GUITAR

Item Number: BR-143

Select, solid spruce top with classic forward-X pattern hand-carved parabolic braces

Choice solid mahogany sides and back

"000" body style with 14th-fret neck joint

Dovetail neck joint

East Indian Rosewood fingerboard, bridge, and bridge plate

Saga

• Members

Those are in Mick's Music & Pawn just outside Phenix City, AL. Man, his store is about twice the size of my living room, so it's a long drive just to check those out.;) I also played a Blueridge dreadnaught. That's the only line of 'new' acoustics he carries I think.

• Members

It's been a while since I was over there. I'll have to go check it out. Unfortunately, I've got a band retreat this coming weekend, and the following weekend I'll be in San Diego. Could be a couple of weeks before I can make it over. I'm glad to see he is beginning to carry more new stuff. Hope that continues.

• Members

the first thing I saw when I walked in the door was a Laney LC15R amp. Wrong forum, I know, but what a kickin' little dude!! I've played those before and the tone and db's you get from that little 25 lb. box is just amazing!!! That's the kind of amp that's a total wolf in sheeps clothing. You know, show up to a church gig w/a half stack and they'll start complaining before you even plug it in. Walk in w/this little tyke under your arm and whip that master to 10 and watch the eyebrows bounce off the ceiling!:D

• Members

Saga makes Blueridge. He, the store owner, said he was told some former Martin employees went to Asia and met w/and trained some Saga folks on making these models. Don't know if that's true or not. The neck profile on those guitars was VERY familiar, like my Washburns. I'm guessing Saga makes Washburns also. These guitars seemed well worth the money. I'm really looking forward to Little Brother's Gathering next month to try out some higher end versions of this style of guitar like Martins, Larrivee's, etc..

• Members

Nice post UGB. Sounds to me like these Blueridge guitars offer good value for an all solid-wood guitar. Could make a good intermediate instrument for someone or for pub sessions and camp fires.

Did the 000 also have a 1 11/16" nut width?

Archived