Any "GarageBand" users?

bullpencoach

• Members

I'm wondering if anyone here has used GarageBand for acoustic recording. I know it is not a pro application, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm anything more than a consumer electronics guy, anyway. I'll be recording through mic/preamp/usb interface, and my arrangements are simple, so I don't need extensive plug-ins. The one downside I see is the inability to record multiple tracks at the same time, but then, I never end up doing that anyway.

Has anyone in a similar position found that this software works for you? Thanks

• Members

Yes I use Garage Band with a couple of mics and a 6-track Behringer mixing board.

I used to use Spark LE (free version) and Garage band is surely superior to that as Spark LE did not allow for multiple tracks, and did not have as many plug-ins. For cheap, Garage Band is an AWSOME multi-track recording app.

• Members

The inability to record more than one track at a time is frustrating. But on the whole I'm satisfied with the results I'm getting recording my acoustics-->MXL 2003-->M-Audio Ozone-->G4 using GarageBand. It's not professional-grade sound, but then I'm not a professional-grade player.

• Members

The software works really well for me as far as getting ideas down. As long as you have some experience recording you can get good results.

The sound quality is decent. the plug-ins don't give you much control (as far as setting up reverbs, compression, etc.), but to be honest with you, if you're in the stage of just getting something recorded, it's good because you don't obsess so much over the effects.

Oh, and stay away from the presets that they have.

Archived