Good Customer Service

fingerstyleman

• Members

I had a rather unexpected, and welcome, experience at my local dealer yesterday, forsyths in Manchester, England.

http://www.forsyths.co.uk/

On christmas eve I purchased an Antonio Sanchez, Walnut bodied(Spruce Top), Classical guitar, something I haave wanted to own for many years and had finally saved up for.

On Thursday evening I noticed a rather alarning looking crack either side of the fret board on the top of the guitar, and was terrified the table had cracked along the line of the neck.

I took it into the shop, where James, the resident Luthier, explained that it was actually a crack in the finish of the guyitar rather than a structual fault, and most likely caused by a very slight shift in the neck due , likely a result in temperature change between the shop, which he admitted was a little hot, and home.

At this point I was expecting the whammy..so obviousley, sir, this is not our problem.

I couln't have been morte wrong, he suggested that for a guitar of that quality it isn't something you would expect, and that I had 3 options.

1. Choose a new one off the rack and take a credit or pay the difference if it was more/less expensive.

2. Take a full refund.

3. Allow them to order me a new one from Spain, 6-8 weeks delivery, and use the existing unit until it arrived.

I took option 3, I love the guitar. James has even made it clear that if the tone of the replacement isn't as good in my ears, they will repeat the whole process or allow me to choose an alternative.

I have always been jerked off in these situations in the past, so I am now totally loyal to this store.

Anybody else experienced this kind of service in the past? Or the opposite?http://www.forsyths.co.uk/

• Members

Originally posted by fingerstyleman

I had a rather unexpected, and welcome, experience at my local dealer yesterday, forsyths in Manchester, England.

On christmas eve I purchased an Antonio Sanchez, Walnut bodied(Spruce Top), Classical guitar, something I haave wanted to own for many years and had finally saved up for.

On Thursday evening I noticed a rather alarning looking crack either side of the fret board on the top of the guitar, and was terrified the table had cracked along the line of the neck.

I took it into the shop, where James, the resident Luthier, explained that it was actually a crack in the finish of the guyitar rather than a structual fault, and most likely caused by a very slight shift in the neck due , likely a result in temperature change between the shop, which he admitted was a little hot, and home.

At this point I was expecting the whammy..so obviousley, sir, this is not our problem.

I couln't have been morte wrong, he suggested that for a guitar of that quality it isn't something you would expect, and that I had 3 options.

1. Choose a new one off the rack and take a credit or pay the difference if it was more/less expensive.

2. Take a full refund.

3. Allow them to order me a new one from Spain, 6-8 weeks delivery, and use the existing unit until it arrived.

I took option 3, I love the guitar. James has even made it clear that if the tone of the replacement isn't as good in my ears, they will repeat the whole process or allow me to choose an alternative.

I have always been jerked off in these situations in the past, so I am now totally loyal to this store.

Anybody else experienced this kind of service in the past? Or the opposite?

Not bad service at all (wish my retailer would be just as service minded). It strikes me that maybe does your dealer maintain a Spanish climate in his shop, in order for the Spanish instrument not to crack or check there... just a thought.

• Members

Well, no, where climate is involved, he openly admits the shop is a little too hot.

But, and this is very important to note, he explains that no amount of temperature change should affect the guitar, and he is a a well respected luthier.

What he is saying is that though the cracking could be expected of a cheaper guitar, it is not acceptable on any guitar above $1300

Archived