Gibson LG0, What a Killer Guitar for the $

mattk22

• Members

I have been searching for a nice mahogany top guitar for a while now and just couldn't find anything that did it for me, or that was in my price range ($800 and under). I played 3 of these at a guitar show today and fell in love with one of them. A '59 that is all original, just the perfect guitar. I wanted a smaller body guitar that had some character, but still played and sounded great. This is perfect, now I just gotta name her.

• Members

I used to have a '64 LGO and loved the tone of it. I did not like the narrow neck and traded it off. Last year I found a 30's Kay small body all mahogany without a truss rod. It has killer tone. I fell in love with her and she came home with me. I keep it tuned down a full tone. Now I know why the early blues players tuned down and it was not just to save the neck from warping. The blues tone is unreal:eek:

• Members

Congrats MAtt!!

The Gibson LG guitars vary quite a bit in tone, some are real sweet, while others just sound..... Well not so good. Sounds like you may have found a keeper.

FWIW:

Gibson's LG guitars were their lower end models, and the LG stands for "learner guitar". These can be great instruments for blues enthusiasts.

• Members

Originally posted by fingerpicker

Congrats MAtt!!

The Gibson LG guitars vary quite a bit in tone, some are real sweet, while others just sound..... Well not so good. Sounds like you may have found a keeper.

FWIW:

Gibson's LG guitars were their lower end models, and the LG stands for "learner guitar". These can be great instruments for blues enthusiasts.

I did notice that the blues tones are really good for it, probably the best asset of the guitar.

Archived