Avante Acoustic Baritone

sysera

• Members

Funny you just posted this thread. I posted a related thread minutes ago having to do with saddle shims on my Avante baritone.

I have the one without electronics. MusicYo is back ordered half a year on the ones with electronics.

I am probably going to install a saddle pickup. I've done it before on another guitar - not too difficult. I eventually will want the pickup sound to assist in recording the guitar. The guitar is easy to play and almost hypnotic when playing slow arpegiated Em, G, A chords in open position (Actually they are Bm, D, E chords). The deep timbre is bitchin'.
The sound quality was worth the $400 for me. I found a few funky things such as a little bit of fretboard ripple at the body joint, shims under the bridge saddle, and bridge pins that probably should be one size larger to properly fit the tapered bridge pin holes. My wife thinks the unique shape is goofy. I like it.

• Members
Originally posted by Bartfast

Funny you just posted this thread. I posted a related thread minutes ago having to do with saddle shims on my Avante baritone.

I have the one without electronics. MusicYo is back ordered half a year on the ones with electronics.

I am probably going to install a saddle pickup. I've done it before on another guitar - not too difficult. I eventually will want the pickup sound to assist in recording the guitar. The guitar is easy to play and almost hypnotic when playing slow arpegiated Em, G, A chords in open position (Actually they are Bm, D, E chords). The deep timbre is bitchin'.

The sound quality was worth the $400 for me. I found a few funky things such as a little bit of fretboard ripple at the body joint, shims under the bridge saddle, and bridge pins that probably should be one size larger to properly fit the tapered bridge pin holes. My wife thinks the unique shape is goofy. I like it.

I've heard they need a little TLC to make them top notch once you get them home, but for $400...you know. :)

I think the shape is hot. It's the coolest looking acoustic I've seen in some time.

Archived