How to re-house a Danelectro Cool Cat!! *Full instructions with pics*

jshaffer20

• Members

FWIW, the tremolo I use (and I use it a lot 'cause I play in an oldies band) is a Dano mini "Tuna Melt" that I rehoused into an old DOD enclosure. Basically just stripped it down to the boards and swapped out the jacks & pots & used the DOD toe switch. The pots that come with it are a joke, these little square trimpots. Hardest part was attaching the wires for the pots 'cause the originals are soldered into NOTCHES on the end of the board as opposed to thru a hole. Didn't make any attempt to convert it to true bypass......It was a good afternoon project and it seems to sound better (maybe due to the full-size pots?) and the "toe feel" of the DOD stomps works for me--the little "button" switch on the Minis just doesn't feel right ...........

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I know I'm resurrecting here, but very cool thread. I just got a Cool Cat Trem. Love the sound, absolute despise the case and design of it. They gotta be smoking some good sheet up in Dano HQ to come up with crap like this. I'd love to rehouse the pedal. One day if I feel brave maybe I'll give it a shot. Looks pretty intensive. Don't think I have all the proper tools either. I'm gonna re-read the OP a bunch of times until it becomes more familiar.

Archived