HELP!!! Not sure where to post this!!!

• Members

So I have had a computer now for over 5 years. I have used various players, and various online stores, to purchase songs/albums, and have built up a small collection of my favorite music for all occassions of some 1200 songs. Recently, I had to get my computer's hard drive wiped and get Windows reistalled due to some very devastating viruses/trojans/etc that made it literally grind to a halt and stop functioning. Before this was done, I purchased an external hard drive, and moved all my pics and music to it.

Today, while setting everything up after the computer has been reformatted, I got all the various programs installed and went to set up my music.

Somehow, I now have no rights to play or otherwise use a whole lot of it due to "license rights" that cannot be found, a bunch of double-speak about DSM, etc etc...Basically, it seems that my thousand dollar plus, carefully selected-over-many-years music collection is now useless due to these so called license rights that I cannot seem to update or open or whatever -

Can anyone tell me what the F**k is going on? I purchased the music.I don't condone pirating music, and I've never done it that I know of - I've paid 99 cents per song for what I thought was the rights to listen to and copy music that I love. Now I can't play it.

If there are a lot more details you need but you think you know anything about this sh*t and could give me some advice, let me know what info I can provide so that you can give me the best answer - this freaking sucks!!!!

Do I have a right to seek legal action if songs that I paid for are no longer playable? I do not have $1200 to replace this collection, nor do I have $$$ for lawyer fees, or time to persue this nonsense online ( yeah, right - talk about TOO MUCH INFO!!!) but after the hell I've had to go through trying to save my computer from the malicious bullsh*t spyware/adware/viruses/trojans/etc that bombard it 24/7, I really don't want to know that my musicis now unusable. What an absolute slap in the face, go-smash-{censored} situation if that's case...

How can these machines be so great and yet so utterly freaking screwed up at the same time? :facepalm::mad:

Archived