SPAM: Ovation Double Neck 12/6 Electric/Acoustic

Themetallikid

• Members

If anyone is interested in this, I'd be willing to part with it for about $800 Shipping not included.

Ive had it 3 months, still in excellent condition. Hard shell case included.

I'm selling cause it just doesnt fit the band direction anymore.

I'd post a pic but I have none. You can find it on mf.com or music123.com under their acoustic sections though.

PM me if your interested....

• Members

On eBay, they've been in the 650.00 plus shipping when the case is included, and around six bills w/o the case. (I stupidly passed up a chance to get one w/ case amd shipping for 600.00, but that wasn't real typical of the market)
Be sure, though, that you get the credit and you get some discounting off the regular MSRP/MAP prices or the deal won't be advantageous for you.

• Members

I agree...Its a place I've spent some cash at before, they know me pretty well. He will work with me (read: wont hold me to every penny).

I'll pick up an acoustic for around $500 probably, and then grab some other gear, thinking of getting the PSM400 body pack for IEM's. So my band can completely move to that realm.

• Members

I think the $800 asking price may be a bit high. For $200 more a buyer can get a brand new one.

The $750 in store credit sounds like a good deal to me if you can use it just like cash.

I was thinking about buying one a while back, but like most things I think about buying the desire passed. How do you like it anyhow? Does it play well? Is it a quality instrument?

Just some thoughts, good luck with it.

• Members

I think it is a decent guitar. The novelty of it is a bonus, not the main feature. It plays well, as far as I can tell. I havent had any issues with it. I just need to downgrade $$$ wise and hopefully pick up some other gear.

I took it to a buddy I've worked with at GC, and they wouldnt even give me a price without me picking something out first. That kinda bothered me. Didnt seem like they were interested as he kept trying to convince me that I should keep it or that I was going to miss it once it was gone.

I've got one more place to try which I'll do saturday, but I think the 750 is a great deal. Only issue is after the acoustic they dont really deal with brands I'm fond of. Crate and Behringer are their main ones.

• Members

They won't give you a price without you picking out another one first so they can simply 'adjust' the price they give you in their favor. You are wise to not fall for that one.

Sorry I don't want one any longer or I'd buy yours.

Good luck tho'.:)

Archived